Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Took the bait

Recently a friend who has been an amazing asset both in terms of translation help and local knowledge, noticed that the legs of @'s bed were resting on several wooden slats rather than directly on the floor. This was our attempt to stop the metal from marking up the tile floor. He suggested that with "a little ingenuity" I could modify some rubber feet he'd found.

Certainly I possess a "little ingenuity" so after cutting the ends of them to make them fit, I attempted, with the "help" of @ alternately shining the flashlight in my eyes then his, to put this plan into action. I failed - at least temporarily. After twenty minutes of sweat and the type of language that stretches the defintion of appropriate, I had put on exactly none of the little rubber nubs.

You see @'s bed is actually a waterbed frame held up by what seems like a 40-50 lb. soldered metal support structure (I suspect it was originally used to hold up small trucks or the bleachers at state fairs throughout the midwest). And I was attempting to add the feet without turning over the bed.

On the positive side, my fingers are uncrushed. As is my son.

No comments: