Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finally Home

After more than a month and a half, we are finally home. Sure, it's the same rental villa we've live in since moving to the Island but it finally has a place where I can sit comfortably and read. There's finally a place to put my book when I'm done. There's a place where I can curl up with both Amanda and @ to watch a movie. Amanda and I can even watch a movie there with worrying about waking @ at night.

Sure, Amanda wasn't initially thrilled by the color of the couch cushions and until it arrived she wasn't sure what the bookshelf looked like - she had been too busy trying to corral a two-year-old when were were shopping on Easter weekend. But overall, we're both happy with the new acquisitions. What's best is that once we move down the mountain next year, we won't have as much to buy - even if we move into an unfurnished home.

Now if I could just find a velvet Elvis or picture of poker-playing pooches for the wall behind the couch...

Home is a bookshelf. Now if we just had more than four books to put on it...

Not a great picture of the couch but @ has started referring to the new coffee table as his.

No comments: