Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Dedication

For the past several months, we’ve been reusing pages from various drafts of my English thesis and the hundreds of pages of research that went into it. Mostly this means using them for printing out our daily language assignments or using them for scratch paper. Our houseworker keeps @ entertained by making them into paper airplanes. @ normally draws on them. Today I found the following on his desk:

Dedication:
This paper is dedicated to my amazing wife, Amanda. Thank you for loving me through ten years together, three continents, a political expulsion, a broken leg, the birth of our son, several concussions and countless promises of “don’t worry, the thesis will be done soon.” Without you, Amanda, all of this would just be silly.

Or, you can read the final draft when you get my thesis through inter-library loan from Eastern’s library.

No comments: