Sunday, January 14, 2007

Beyond Mondo

Following Amanda's lead, here is my list of "things for the future I'd really like to do, some of which seem beyond me while others might really be possible" - also known as my Mondo Beyondo List:

1. Be down to 210lbs by Christmas 2007.
Beyondo: Reach the middle range for my optimal weight - somewhere around 175.
2. Be proficient enough in our new language to be able to teach basic ESL.
Beyondo: Be able to read the next Harry Potter book in the new language.
3. Begin playing a brass instrument again.
Beyondo: Relearn to sightread both the bass and treble clef.
4. Climb either Mt. Kenya or Kilimanjaro for my 40th birthday. (Only 7 years to train! Anyone want to join me?)
Beyondo: Climb/hike a major mountain on each continent other than Antarctica.
5. Purchase a gift for my wife that will make her cry.
Beyondo: Actually surprise my wife with the above-mentioned gift.
6. Learn to ride a motorcycle.
Beyondo: Not get in a motorcycle accident or cause serious injury to myself or others.
7. Eat tofu...by choice.
Beyondo: Order and enjoy squid, octopus or any organ-based dish at a restaurant.

More to be added as they come to me.

No comments: