Wednesday, November 29, 2006

America's Most Influential 100

I just love lists! And with this one, I'll admit, I'm all but clueless. How does a person really guage influence on American culture? Sure, at this moment, in some aspect(s) of American life, in some geographic areas, based on some particular worldviews, this might true. But then again, it might not.

In addition to the usual questions of whether the order is right, or if certain people should/shouldn't be included on the list, what I'd really be curious to hear is how high up the list does your cultural intelligence reach? At what number do you admit "I've heard that name but couldn't really tell you for sure who that is"? (For me, it's #36.) And at what number do you just respond "Who?" (#69).

Given the lack of comments I've seen recently, maybe I should tag some of those of you who have been around a bit: Josh, Johnny D, Barry (of course), Just Pete and anyone else who'd like to chime in.

No comments: