Thursday, October 25, 2007

Me and Andre Agassi...or that guy Elaine dated

I remember years ago when Andre Agassi shaved his head for first time. More than simply having short hair it became clear that he was going bald. And the world was shocked.

Last week I put the quarter-inch guard on the electric trimmers to shave my head for the first time in several months. (I think I last did it when I needed a thesis stress reliever at the beginning of the summer). Looking in the mirror that night after I managed to even things out after the trimmer broke mid trim, I saw that something had changed.

No, I’m not exactly going “bald” but for years I had been blessed by full, if not the least bit manageable, hair. My hairline is receding in such a way that it’s full in the middle but somewhere in line with the outside of my eyes, it disappears. Unless you’ve met the Bunker men or know my older brother, you might not understand this description but it eventually it may end up resembling a suburban, white guy Mr. T hairdo.

I guess this is what I get for giving Ben a hard time. Maybe if I’d mocked him for being too tall or popular or good looking some of that would have rubbed off on me instead.

No comments: