Thursday, June 07, 2007

Package from Greenfield

What a great thing to get half way through a language unit - a package filled with unnecessities from some of our favorite people in Greenfield! There's just something great about opening a box of unknowns - even if the mailman first walks you through the customs declaration form, laughing at some of the things that made their way from the US.

And it's just the second package weve gotten since moving here - though it sounds like several are in transit - so we haven't gotten bored with presents...yet.

The hardest part about it was waiting three hours for Amanda to get back from class before I could open it. It sat, untouched on our dinner table, just taunting me. But I held my ground and didn't even walk the twenty minutes to school to pull Amanda out of class just to open it.

So what'd we get? The highlights include:
- Decaf tea and coffee and lemonade: This means we can induldge without having to stay up all night or having to pay five dollars a glass at one of the nice hotels in town.
- notecards: something I've tried to find both here and in Africa to no avail. Learning the langauge will be a snap now that I've got cards (or so my junior high Spanish teacher would leadme to believe).
- Post-its and scrapbook paper: I have no idea what good those are for but I think Amanda might find a use for them. :)
- Gum and dark chocolate: Survival food on test days or when there's no water.
- Sermons on cd from the cool church service (I hope the worship is there too!)
- A couple trains for @, causing him to exclaim "Yeah! I LIKE Calvin and Carter."

Cost to send a five or six pound package to the Island? Less than dinner for two at Applebees.

Some things just make us happy!

No comments: