Sunday, May 20, 2007

My apologies


If any of you chose to either rent or go to the theaters to see this movie I apologize. I bought it for Amanda the other day and we watched it. It was like "Hotel Rowanda" meets "Boogie Nights" (which I have not seen).
Too much sex and the gore that you might expect in a movie about a homocidal dictator wasn't quite "right." (If you saw it, you might understand what I mean.)
This is one of those movies that if edited for television or on a plane wouldn't be too bad - an interesting character study and an amazing performance by Forest Whitaker.
So if you saw it because of my recommendation just stop by, in person, for a full refund of your ticket or rental. This is a limited offer so act quickly.
But read the book instead. Or better yet, pick up a copy of "King Leopold's Ghost."

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

yeah, we rented it a month or so ago....wasn't too bad....but couldn't quite get over the fact that one of the main characters was Tumnus!