Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Card Revelations

One of the great parts of (Amanda) sending out something like 200 Christmas cards is what we learn from the responses. We get the usual family letters where you get the sentence or two about each of the two-legged members - and often the four-legged members as well. The photos quickly found their way to fridge. Amanda and @ have strung the first wave of cards and they will soon decorate the windows. But there are also the suprises.

We found out that someone we've always sent cards to has been dead for three years.

Someone else responded that they've gotten cards from us twice but don't really know who we are.

Phil, yes Phil, now has a beautiful blonde toddler. To my dissappointment her name doesn't rhyme with either Phil or Jill. (First Jo and Joe crush my hopes, now this). Umm, I know I've been out of the loop but she looks like she'll be entering college soon. They grow up so fast...

It's great hearing about new jobs and growing families and life. I think I'm a bit desparate to cling to this normality since we'll likely be spending Christmas in 90 degree heat next year.

No comments: