Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Could the last one to leave the country...

Please turn off the lights?

It’s Wednesday which must mean we got our weekly call from Immigration. Tomorrow at 8 am (an hour earlier than the two previous meetings) we will sit in a room that probably is not really the office of the man asking the questions. We will tell them the truth and then get frustrated when they can’t understand what a check is or why Amanda doesn’t work. This time they didn’t even pretend that it was because of my poor handwriting.

This, along with some recent int’l developments, confirms that the garage sale we’re having this weekend is the right thing to do. Maybe tomorrow we’ll have a better idea of just how much we need to try and sell.

During my freshman year at Eastern, I got in the habit of simply not sleeping on Sunday nights throughout speech season. We’d normally get back too late on Sunday and since we missed our Friday classes I’d need to play catch-up. Now I’m getting in the same habit only on Wednesdays only I spend my time reading and reflecting and wanting to sleep.

Keep us in your thoughts.

2 comments:

Steph H. said...

This so reminds me of the time Josh and I got kicked out of Kentucky. . . without the immigration debacle, but definitely with culture clashes and garage sales. The three of you are in our thoughts, and please let us know of any needs you may have when you arrive back.

Steph H. said...

sorry . . .my previous comment was actually in response to Amandas latest entry . . .