Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Missing Home...r

Today I was watching my son play with his favorite toy and I realized how much I miss my family. There’s something to be said for visiting every night, or at least every Sunday night, with those you truly love.

I miss living in the shadow of the power plant. I miss riding my bike up to the lemon tree – or where it used to be. Or listening to the Lovejoys on Sunday mornings. Remember what we used to learn at the chalkboard after school? We gave Principal Skinner such a hard time. I miss visiting Moe at his tavern and Grandpa Simpson at the old folks’ home. I hear that a certain someone finally came out of the closet. I miss Maude (may she rest in peace). I miss stopping by the comic book store.

I wonder if Bart and Lisa and Maggie have changed. I wonder if the Mayor has finally been charged with a crime…I wonder if Barney is okay. Is Crusty still funny? Is does life continue there without me? Does everyone still remember me there? And would they call out my name when I come to visit or would I be like every other Cliff who stops by?

I miss my Springfield.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Oh, I see what's going on here. Trying to get out of some kind of African draft, right? I gotcha. Don't worry, I'll keep it copacetic.)

This guy's CA-RAZY!! That's The Simpsons he's talking about, not his REAL family! I would totally NOT draft this guy to fight a border dispute! Nuts.