Monday, December 01, 2008

Things I thankfully don't have

Rather than being thankful for what I have, I've been spending some time realizing that there are plenty of things that I am glad I don't have. It's odd but I am not the least bit deprived for not having:

Central anything

Hot water heater

Clothes dryer

Surround-sound or Hi-definition

Glass on our upstairs windows (only screens)

Microwave oven

Hard to pronounce tropical disease

Snow shovel

Carpet

Lawn Mower

Blackberry or iphone

I have too much stuff already. My bookshelves are full. I own DVDs I haven't watched. My television set is on too often.

2 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

hmmmmm....this makes the fabulous xmas gifts i have to send you even less exciting....

Jonathan said...

Books on my shelf, television programs and DVDs are not bad - I am just blessed with more that I need to survive. But they are an important part of my survival.