Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Don't Stop Giving

It 's the fallout that results a short time after any tragedy that really motivates people to act. They pull out their wallets to help the less fortunate, be them victims of 9/11, the typhoon-tsunami in Asia or Hurricane Katrina.

Those are all worthy causes but what normally happens is that people don't give more, they give differently. They stop giving to their normal charities and simply shift that money over. Most of those groups that depend on consistant funding to remain afloat see their accounts dwindle after a tragedy like Katrina.

I'm not saying don't give to the victims, I'm saying that we need to be sure that we don't forget about those who still need our support. Give sacrificially. Dig deeper.

Please, keep giving to your church, to campus house or CSF, to the local shelters (for animals and people) to the schools and little leagues. Don't forget them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan-
I just wanted to say that I am thinking about you all like CRAZY!!! My heart is with you majorly. I got to visit with D&M this weekend. So amazing, but now I'm filled with longing for Africa all over again. My heart is breaking for what is going on, and I'm laying it down regularly. I miss you. And I just wanted to let you know. Pass this msg along to everyone, will u? Thanks. :*( -JV