Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Three weeks left!!!

As usual, as the semester winds down I feel like there's so much a need to cover and not nearly enough time. That's why I didn't cancel class despite the horrible head cold and runny nose. In the middle of the lecture, cough drop lodged in my cheek and pockets filled with kleanex, I began speaking about the need to use proper source citation when researching.

Without warning a bubble roughly the size of a basketball errupts from my right nostral. I reached for a kleanex and turned away from the class but the damage had been done. The class roared.

In attempt to save myself some dignity I explained "That may be the most embarrassing thing I do all year." Without missing a beat a student replies, in perfect English, "The semester isn't over yet."

Sure, he can't pass a quiz to save himself but he can nail a punchline.

No comments: